Spas in the News
Exclusive Hydrothermal Experience "The Rainforest" Debuts in All-New Banyan Tree Spa Al Wadi
SINGAPORE (September 15, 2010) – Located outside Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Banyan Tree Al Wadi unveils The Rainforest – the first and only complete hydrothermal experience in UAE, located within the resort’s newly opened Banyan Tree Spa. The Rainforest is a signature innovation by Banyan Tree Spa and features invigorating hydrothermal experiences infused with time-honored Asian wellness philosophy.
Launched in 2008 at Banyan Tree Spa Sanya in China and also featured at Banyan Tree Mayakoba in the Riviera Maya, The Rainforest combines unique wellness and rejuvenation concepts through a trail of state-of-the-art hydrothermal therapies and facilities. Creating a tropical rainforest effect, the hydrothermal circuit is a calming haven dedicated for holistic rejuvenation.
Spanning 22,390 square feet, The Rainforest at Banyan Tree Spa Al Wadi is the largest within the Banyan Tree Group. Its textured sand-colored interiors also provide a soothing sense of place amidst its desert surroundings. The Rainforest trail is an experiential journey through 16 unique hydrothermal therapy experiences*: Rain Walk, Sole Therapy, Aroma Steam, Nature’s Glow & Touch, Bucket Drench Shower, Sensory Shower, Affusion Shower, Brine Cavern, Grotto Steam, Ice Igloo, Herbal Sauna, Sauna, Tropical Rain Shower, Sole Therapy Cross-Current Walk, Vitality Pool and Hammam.
Guests can complete the unique hydrothermal experience with the Rainforest Indulgence package (180-minute session), which combines The Rainforest experience with a choice of body massage delivered by the intuitive touch of the skillful therapists of Banyan Tree Spa. All spa therapists are certified and have received more than 300 hours of rigorous theoretical and practical training at Banyan Tree Spa Academy in Phuket, Thailand.
Banyan Tree Spa Al Wadi features 10 indoor treatment pavilions with twin spa beds, including six Deluxe Pavilions with attached shower room with steam and four Royal Pavilions each with a hydro-jet bathtub, outdoor shower and Rainmist room for pampering Tropical Rainmist experiences. The adjoining Banyan Tree Gallery retails an indulgent selection of spa merchandise including aromatic essential oils, massage oils and incense, Banyan Tree signature ceramic oil burners and candleholders, and pampering bath collections, so that guests may re-create the home spa experience.
Located in the tranquil Wadi Khadeja, the protected enclave of the sturdy evergreen ghaf trees, Banyan Tree Al Wadi is the first luxury desert spa resort in the UAE that offers an all-pool villa concept and a 42,625-square-foot Asian-inspired hydrotherapy spa within its own nature reserve; as well as a beach club, an 18-hole championship golf course and extensive recreational facilities. A 45-minute drive from Dubai International Airport and 12.5 miles from Ras Al Khaimah city centre, the resort offers nearby residents and hotel guests a unique retreat that blends romance and serenity, an Arabian oasis of indulgence.
Guests who stay in Banyan Tree Al Wadi or book any 120-minute spa packages with Banyan Tree Spa Al Wadi will enjoy one complimentary 60-minute Rainforest Experience. Rates for Banyan Tree Al Wadi start from US$700++. For reservations and enquiries, please contact Banyan Tree Spa Al Wadi at +971 7 206 7777, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit banyantreespa.com.
* More About The Rainforest:
The Rainforest trail at Banyan Tree Spa Al Wadi is an experiential journey featuring:
About Banyan Tree Spa
- Rain Walk – A series of cleansing showers of moderately increasing temperatures at the start of the trail
- Sole Therapy – A pebbled pond with alternating hot and cold water pockets
- Aroma Steam – Each of the two steam capsules offer a unique scent
- Nature’s Glow and Touch – A rejuvenating salt scrub ritual in an aromatic setting where one can exfoliate dead skin for increased circulation and cell renewal
- Bucket Drench Shower – An invigorating icy splash that is an ideal post-steam treatments
- Sensory Shower – Jets of water come from above and the sides for an invigorating massage
- Affusion Shower – Offers a warm Summer Steam, cold Artic Mist or Tropical Rainbow option alongside vivid lighting effects
- Brine Cavern – A salt-infused steam cabin that opens up the nasal passage
- Grotto Steam – The high humidity steam and therapeutic scented aroma aid detoxification
- Ice Igloo – Awaken the senses with a cold rub-down with ice crystals or a rain shower
- Sauna – The heat induces detoxification and improves circulation.
- Herbal Sauna – Comes with an aromatic scent within the heated space
- Tropical Rain Shower – Combines scent, lighting and varying water temperatures for a heightened shower experience
- Sole Therapy “Cross-Current Walk” – A small pool where guests walk against the current for a light exercise
- Hammam – Features four individual cabins, as well as a shower and a bubbling jet pool to refresh the senses
- Vitality Pool – The indoor pool features six different acupressure jet stations, with heated wooden loungers for relaxation at the end of the trail
The leading Asian spa operator and pioneer of the tropical garden spa, Banyan Tree Spa first opened in 1994 in Phuket, Thailand. As the first luxury oriental spa in Asia, it re-introduced an exotic blend of time-honored Asian healing therapies and beauty remedies.
Like the tropical and sacred tree that inspired its name, Banyan Tree Spa offers guests a Sanctuary for the Senses – a haven for physical, mental and spiritual renewal. Its spa philosophy focuses on a non-clinical and holistic ‘high-touch, low-tech’ approach that celebrates the human touch and the use of natural herbs and spices. Sensing the moment, Angsana Spa complements Banyan Tree Spa with its contemporary chic and vivacious treatments. Inspiring guests to live life spontaneously and savor time, its refreshing blend of treatments emphasizes on the use of native flowers and fruits.
Banyan Tree Spa and Angsana Spa therapists are graduates of the accredited Banyan Tree Spa Academy established in May 2001 in Phuket (Thailand), followed by Bintan (Indonesia) and Lijiang (China). Itsrigorous theoretical and practical training ensures therapists deliver consistently high quality service that guests have come to expect from the evolving brand, in line with the Group’s worldwide expansion plans.
To date, Banyan Tree Spa owns and manages a total of over 60 in close to 30 countries under the Banyan Tree Spa, Angsana Spa and Elements Spa By Banyan Tree brands.
Spas in the News