Spas in the News
Newest Spa Montage is Alpine-Inspired Oasis at Montage Deer Valley Opening December 2010
35,000-Square-Feet of On-Mountain Wellness, with 29 Treatment Rooms, Couples’ Serenity Suite, Mosaic-Tiled Lap Pool, Outdoor Spa Deck, Movement Studio, Kim Vo Salon & More
PARK CITY, UTAH – (November 15, 2010) – The newest Spa Montage is the alpine-inspired sanctuary opening December 9 at Montage Deer Valley, the lodge-style resort with true ski-in, ski-out access to Deer Valley, just named North America’s #1 ski resort for the fourth straight year by the readers of SKI magazine.
The 35,000-square-foot spa is designed to offer the ideal wellness experience before or after an invigorating day of skiing, mountain biking or hiking. As with the other Montage Hotels & Resorts’ spas in Laguna Beach and Beverly Hills, Spa Montage at Montage Deer Valley is dedicated to providing a complete therapeutic experience by creating an ongoing relationship between the guest and therapist through its Surrender program and complimentary 30-minute Art of Spa regimen.
With a focus on holistic principles and noninvasive techniques, spa therapists are carefully trained to develop customized treatments for each and every guest. However, whereas Spa Montage Laguna Beach centers therapy around the elements of water and Spa Montage Beverly Hills focuses on its healing “from the gardens,” Spa Montage Deer Valley relies on the pharmacopeia from the rugged alpine terrain that has provided therapies stretching from the time of native Ute Indian tribes to today’s mountain enthusiasts. The spa’s mantra is “from powerful lands comes powerful healing.”
Experiences at the mid-mountain Spa Montage include:
- An innovative menu of alpine-inspired facials, massages and body treatments that incorporate indigenous botanical ingredients; all treatments are customized by intuitive, rigorously trained therapists to meet individual needs and help restore balance and optimal well-being
- A series of treatments designed just for men includes options such as ski recovery massage (Après Ease) and custom men’s facials
- "The Art of Breath,” an exclusive Montage Deer Valley approach
- A full calendar of daily wellness and fitness classes centered around core and strength training, including vibrational recovery to help get skiers back in top shape day after day, and movement studio classes such as yoga, Pilates, high-impact, spinning, and traditional cardio
The earth and nature’s alpine bounties play an integral role in the spa's menu of treatments. Water therapies, herbal mineral baths and hydrotherapy restore the mind and body; mud and clays draw out the body's impurities and improve circulation.
These signature Spa Montage elements are complimentary to spa guests:
- Herbal refreshing Hydrosols - Refreshing and aromatic, used as revitalizing spritzers throughout the spa
- Seasonal Teas, Refreshments and Condiments - Specific to the region and adapted seasonally, offered in the relaxation lounges
- The Art of Spa – For enhanced comfort and relaxation, guests are asked to arrive at least 30 minutes before scheduled treatment time to experience the complimentary Art of Spa regimen, including sauna, steam and deluge. The Art of Spa features a variety of water rituals and aromatherapy to release toxins, stabilize the body and stimulate the lymphatic system to optimize the benefits of our other therapies.
- Introducing…The Art of Breath – As a prelude to or finale after every therapy, guests are encouraged to focus on calming and balancing. The practice of breath-work enhances systemic functioning, inducing deep relaxation and strengthening the physical and emotional heart. The Art of Breath explores the intimate connection between the nourishing “prana” and the health and well-being of body and mind.
Signature therapies include:
- Lithely Limbs - 60 minutes/90 minutes- $170/$230: Experience the liberating energy and free flowing movement that comes with muscles that are eased, toned and stretched. A vigorous, fortifying skin brushing ritual coupled with a temperature contrast foot bath encourages the removal of lactic acids and serves as the decongestive prelude to a therapeutic massage targeting areas of stress and restriction in the back, hips, and lower limbs.
- Après Ease - 60 minutes - $170: The perfect medicine after a long, exhilarating day on the slopes. Decompress with the penetrating warmth of nutrient rich, healing mud as it eases physical discomfort and encourages the removal of cellular wastes. Relaxed and renewed, surrender body and mind to an 'intentional' point specific massage designed to revitalize stressed muscles and restore flexibility.
- Earthly Matters - 90 minutes - $230: To promote structural alignment and address the body's energy center, begin with a Connected Core Massage then relax into a cocoon of warm herbal clay as you enjoy the deeply relaxing, sedative pleasures of a rejuvenating face and scalp massage. Awake to a stream of warm healing water and the refreshing touch of a cool mitten friction as the flow of fresh oxygen and nutrients leaves you wonderfully relaxed... and utterly restored. Special note: A 60 minute Hot and Cold Stone Massage would be the perfect complement to add to this treatment.
- Earth and Water - 90 minutes - $230: Suspended by the hypnotic effects of neutral waters and the purifying essence of sage, relax into the talented, caring hands of a Spa Montage bath master and experience the calming, soothing pleasures of weightless movement as your body is expertly stretched and aligned into a state of deep, restorative relaxation. Follow with a mineralizing, nurturing clay wrap and a ritual of healing crystal quartz facial stones.
- Transpiration - 90 minutes - $230: Embracing the essence of all life, this harmonizing experience of organic restorative wellness begins with a warm, mineralizing bath of oxygenated living waters coupled with a stream of cooling, refreshing water to stimulate respiration and clarity. Followed by an invigorating friction scrub to enhance vitality and physical stamina the ritual concludes with a relaxing, rhythmic massage featuring the nutritive and analgesic elements of propolis and Aspen bark extract.
- Transfer-ation - 120 minutes - $290: Drawing on the synergistic, healing elements of water, precious metals and aromatic essential oils, embark on a soulful journey of artful bathing and balancing massage. Harnessing the conducting frequencies that carry neural receptor messages from skin to core, the alchemy of water and energetic healing herbs cleanses and purifies in a relaxing bathing ritual of body and mind. In a harmonious and sequenced massage, the synergy of healing silver rods coupled with the vibration frequency of essential oils provoke a response deep in the ancient brain, infusing our elemental nature with positive vibrations as negative energies are dispelled. Applied to the upper realms of the face and head, healing Crystal stones usher in the light.
- Yoga Energy Thai - 60 minutes/90 minutes- $170/$230: Two of the spa’s 29 treatment rooms are dedicated to Thai massage, performed on a Thai mat (as opposed to a massage table) to achieve maximum flexibility through time-tested stretching techniques administered by an expert in the modality.
Spa Montage Deer Valley Serenity Suite
Overlooking the stunning, pristine mountain landscapes of Deer Valley, Serenity is a spa suite for couples and small groups like no other, with 1,340-square-feet of private space featuring four separate nurturing areas, including an entry room with two fireside copper tubs, a wet area with multi-headed shower, a massage room with its own fireplace and two custom therapy tables, and an outdoor private balcony with lounging chairs and radiant floor heat. The Serenity Suite is available for couples and small group events as an addition to any therapy in Spa Montage. The charge for Serenity is $250 per hour with a 2-hour minimum (additional to any therapy charge).
The Serenity Suite is home to this unique experience designed just for couples:
- Two Venture - 180 minutes - $890: Spa Montage invites couples to engage in a ritual of purification & pure relaxation. Immersed in warm copper tubs of mineral rich hypnotic waters, enjoy the simple, nurturing pleasures of a head and scalp rinse of aqueous herbal solution and a rejuvenating, skin stimulating brush cleansing. Hot oil infused with subtle aromatics serves as the medium in a synergistic long stroke body massage. After a refreshing shower relax on warm alpine pillows and sip on an herbal tea while enjoying the therapeutic benefits of a balancing foot treatment.
Facilities & Amenities
All resort guests enjoy complimentary access to the spa’s many facilities and services, as do day spa guests who have booked a treatment. These include:
- 29 treatment rooms, including two sumptuous couples’ Serenity Suites with private deck or balcony and fireplace room with copper-clad soaking tubs, as well as Hydrotherapy and Vichy Shower wet rooms
- Separate men’s and women’s club-style relaxation areas and locker rooms, each with steam room, sauna, whirlpools and deluge showers
- Indoor mosaic-tiled regulation lap pool with underwater music and adjoining large whirlpool, enveloped by a gracious co-ed relaxation area with comfortable lounge areas featuring expansive windows with panoramic mountain views
- Private outdoor sundeck with radiant heated floors and 70-mile down-mountain views
- Spacious fitness center with state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment and movement/yoga studio, both offering a calendar of daily complimentary classes; personal training and private sessions also available
- Full-service Kim Vo salon with complete range of hair, nail and makeup services
- Inviting spa boutique with extensive collection of natural product lines and the latest in work-out apparel
- Open daily from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Spa Director Loren Kornreich is an industry veteran with a broad background running some of the finest spas and wellness centers in the U.S., including Spa Palazzo at Boca Raton Resort & Club in Florida and Golden Door at The Peaks at Telluride.
For more information, to reserve a spa getaway or request spa services (from December 9 onwards), call (435) 604-1300, (888) 604-1301 or visit www.montagedeervalley.com.
About Montage Deer Valley
Montage Deer Valley, opening December 2010 in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, promises to be North America’s finest mountain resort destination. Reminiscent of great mountain lodges, this refined Mountain Craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street, and an easy 40-minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Engaging all-season indoor and outdoor activities include ski-in, ski-out access to Deer Valley Resort, named America’s #1 ski resort by Ski magazine. The 154 deluxe guestrooms, and more than 66 suites and private residences ranging from one to four bedrooms, will all feature fireplaces and expansive views of the majestic Wasatch Front. The resort will also offer extensive 24-hour services; several inventive dining options; a gourmet gastro-pub with bowling lanes, billiards, darts and nostalgic arcade games; a 35,000-square-foot alpine-inspired spa; outdoor pool and whirlpools; outdoor terrace with fire pits; one-of-a-kind retail shops and 55,000-square-feet of indoor and outdoor event space for executive meetings and special events. For reservations, contact your travel professional, call (888) 604-1301 or visit www.montagedeervalley.com
About Montage Hotels & Resorts
Montage Hotels & Resorts is a hotel and resort management company founded in 2002 by Alan Fuerstman. Designed to serve affluent travelers and homeowners, the company features an artistic collection of distinctive hotels, resorts and residences in stunning settings that offer comfortable elegance, a unique sense of place and spirit, impeccable hospitality and memorable culinary, spa and lifestyle experiences. Montage Laguna Beach, the company’s flagship oceanfront resort, opened in the vibrant arts community of Laguna Beach, California, in 2003. Montage Beverly Hills, the company’s second hotel, opened in Beverly Hills in 2008 and was the first Gold LEED certified hotel and residences in Southern California. The newest property under development is Montage Deer Valley® in Park City, Utah, scheduled to open in 2010. www.montagehotels.com.
Spas in the News
Lantana Spa at JW Marriott San Antonio
Farm to Treatment Table Lavender Experience
This package is available Saturdays only, May 12 – July 14 (excluding June 8), must be booked one week in advance and requires 48 hours notice for cancellation.
Hill Country Lavender Farm tour,
a bottle of organic lavender massage oil made at the farm,
lunch at Replenish Spa Café with items featuring lavender, and a lavender-based spa treatment featuring the organic lavender massage oil from the Hill Country Lavender farm.
You can clean your home, fruits, vegetables and meats with the same 'Aqueous Ozone' that spas and other companies use. Tersano's ‘Aqueous Ozone’ Cleaning Systemt is the world's most effective chemical-free cleaner. ‘Aqueous Ozone’ quickly oxidizes (kills) viruses and bacteria (including E.coli, Salmonella, MRSA, C-Difficil), mold, mildew and other contaminants on any item or surface - from toilets to bedspreads - before changing safely back into water and oxygen. ‘Aqueous Ozone’ is 3000 times faster and 50% more powerful than bleach and chlorine-based cleaners. It is 100% chemical free - no toxins, carcinogens or chemical residue - and safe for babies, pets and people with sensitive skin or those with strong reactions to normal cleaners. ‘Aqueous Ozone’ has long been used in water treatment, food sterilization and medical therapies for its remarkable anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties. It sounds too good to be true, but the data show how effective the system works.
I'm a believer.
Hearth Health Month at mySpaShop including the best in health and wellness products from companies that give to those in need.